The unpleasant task of having to clean your toilet is something a lot of us try to push off as much as possible. It smells and it’s just plain gross but all that bacteria is not going away unless some serious disinfecting is involved. A lot of us rely on chemical sprays, foams, bubbles, and what not to get the job done but a lot of those chemicals can be harmful especially for pregnant women. Sometimes the best and safest solutions are sitting right there in your pantry. So if you’re looking to get that bowl squeaky clean with minimal elbow grease to boot then this is the recipe for you!
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup baking soda
- 25 drops essential oils (orange and lemon smell nice!)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- A spray bottle full of water
- Gallon size zip-top bag
- Cupcake molds
- Combine citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch into your ziplock bag and shake well.
- Spritz the mix 2-3 times with a bit of water, seal the bag and knead the mixture.
- Repeat 5-7 times.
- Knead the mixture until it has the same texture as pie dough.
- Add essential oils and knead again.
- Remove the mixture from the bag and pack it tightly into your molds.
- Leave them in a cool, dry spot to dry for 2-3 days.
- Next, remove them from their molds and dry for another 2-3 days.
- Store in an air-tight container.
To use, drop one into your toilet bowl and let it fizz out. Then, simply flush and you’re done!